Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fabric Pennant and Mini Hot Chocolate Pin Cushion

Thanks to some etsy sales, I just got myself a new pair of pinking shears so of course I had to use them immediately. Here is a cute fabric pennant banner I made with fabric, felt and double sided interfacing. My true love Cricut helped me cut out the template for the letters. These pennants are mini pennants and will be perfect for Mags' future play kitchen or home based business. It case it is too small to read the banner says "lemonade". This was so easy and so fun to make. I am now going to make them for every occasion. Here's a tip though: when you iron on the letters don't iron the side with the felt. Flip it over and iron the back side. It will melt funky if you do it the other way.

This little guy is a mini hot chocolate (it really looks like espresso but since I don't drink coffee I'm calling it hot chocolate). These pictures do not do this pincushion justice. It is adorable and only about 3 inches tall. It is teeny! This is made using vintage fabric (thanks mom), felt and fleece and was put together using a sewing machine and some hot glue. I think in the future though I will use felted wool instead of fleece because it is a little harder to get the pins to push through the fleece. The whiped cream is held on with a pin.






No comments: