Monday, December 1, 2008

Cookie Sheet Advent Calendar



This is a cookie sheet advent calendar I made today. It was an old gross cookie sheet that was ready for the trash but of course I cannot throw anything away so I recycled it! The Merry Christmas and the numbers were cut out using the Cricut Expression that my friend Mikelle is so lucky to have. It was like magic using this machine and I must have one. Everything else was just stuff I had around the house. The red border is magnetic and travels to which day it is of the month. The last two spots are also magnets that I made from magazines, one is Santa and the other is Christ. If you click on the picture you can see the paper and other things in more detail. I barely finished it 5 minutes ago so you can still see that some of the Mod Podge hadn't dried yet. The creative options are endless with a craft like this. Love it!

2 comments:

thebirminghamlife said...

too cute. these make great gifts!! does maggie like it? nona

Mikelle said...

I love how it turned out. I am working on a blog for the craft group--great idea!!