Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bread

I love bread making. Breads are easily my favorite thing to make. I have stopped buying bread since I left work and make only homemade bread now that I am home long enough to do it!

Here's yesterday's batch. I should probably add that it was made with Canadian flour! :)
Homemade Bread

Soften 1 T. yeast in 1/4 c. warm water

In a mixer combine 2 1/2 c. hot water, 1/4 c. oil, 1 T. salt and a little less than 1/2 c. sugar. Mix until dissolved and blended. Add 4 cups of flour, mix until blended well. Add yeast, and mix thoroughly. Add about 3 c. more flour. Let raise until doubled (at least an hour) twice, if needed. Form into loaves (2) and let raise at least one more hour. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes on the rack second to bottom.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Looks good Julie. Wish I had the time to make it.