Friday, June 12, 2009

Missy's Baby Shower

My friends, Mindi and Mary and I hosted a baby shower for our friend Missy. It was a very nice shower if I can brag a little. Mindi had the idea to have a bunch of delicious soups in mini bread bowls. My favorite was her French Onion, yum. We also had an array of salads, fruit, veggies, petifores, cheesecakes, cupcake bites, trifle etc. I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked but here are a few. I am posting two recipes with pictures and one without of the food that I brought in case anyone would like to make it at home. I did take pictures of Missy opening gifts but she is trying to minimize all pregnancy pics (I don't know why she is so gorgeous) so I deleted them. You're welcome. :)
This is the little snugly blanket I made for Max. It's the same theory as the birds except this is an elephant. This blanket is the perfect size for little ones to carry around or to just lay over a sleeping baby. There is no bulk to put the baby in a sticky situation. It has brown fleece on the back.
We got these wooden letters on sale at Hobby Lobby and we each took turns decorating a letter. B - me, M - Mary, K - Mindi. His name is Bryant Maxwell Kinney in case the initials were confusing. I also wish I would have gotten a better picture but Mary found a cute baby shower plate that everyone signed (you can see it at the bottom of this pic. You bake it and it is permanent so cute!

Just a full pic of the elephant.

Mary's husband got her this beautiful statue for Mother's Day. Isn't it gorgeous? Mary is Martha Stewart reincarnated and had a million cute decorations but this was my favorite, she used floral foam to stick the flowers in and wrapped each tin box with a cute ribbon. Love it!

2 comments:

Mary said...

You're too sweet :)

Julie said...

Cute, cute cute! Love it.