Monday, January 11, 2010

John's Famous Cheese Biscuits

These cheese biscuits are apparently famous around his family. I wouldn't know of their goodness since John has never made them for me in the 5+ years we have been together but here is the recipe for you to enjoy even if I never will.
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 butter or margarine
1 cup water
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1. Measure flour, baking powder and salt in bowl
2. Cut in butter until crumbly
3. Add water and cheese, stir to moisten
4. Drop tablespoon sized amounts of patter onto greased baking sheet
5. Bake in 425F oven for 10-15 minutes

3 comments:

Jill said...

I would like to say that this is my recipe that John has made. Can I take a little of the credit?

Anonymous said...

It's Jills recipe but I'm the one that made it famous!

Nevada Lyman said...

I have a recipe like this - it is super good and has garlic powder in the mix. If you ever get a hankering give it a try - delish!