Thursday, January 15, 2009

Latest Projects For Mags' Room

New favorite thing... double sided interfacing! Julie and I were at Pottery Barn Kids and were inspired to create these adorable flower wall hangings. Using double sided interfacing you adhere fabric to felt and then attach it to a ribbon. Ta da!
The plaque was created by taking a piece of wood, painting it brown and attaching a brown ribbon to the back. The "Stand for Truth and Righteousness" was printed on pink and white toile paper and attached and sealed with Mod Podge. We made these at YW at the end of last year. The pink inspired me to go with a pink, green and brown theme in her room.

Another patchwork puppy dog. This one has fleece ears instead of corduroy and flannel.


The room is messy and the lighting wasn't good, but I didn't want to wake up the little one sleeping just feet away. I'm slowly getting her room just the way I want it. I'll be done just in time for her to tell me that she wants something totally different. :)

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love double sided interfacing - I use it a lot in the costumes I make.

Alicia @ The Creative Vault said...

i just discovered it and now need it for everything I do!

Hannah Stevenson said...

I've never even heard of it...Alicia both the flowers and the wall plaque are awesome! I'm so glad I get to look at your site now...HOORAY!