Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Can you believe this???

Okay so I couldn't help myself but to post here again. My call for my crafty girls to post is still open.
__________________________________________________
So, I have a special order from my shop that I am trying to fill and I am trying to find decorator fabric in a specific pattern in a Champagne and Ivory color. It is turning out to be impossible. This morning I decided to check out this specialty store that carries only decorator fabric. There were several beautiful fabrics to choose from. I found the pattern that I wanted but it was in the wrong colors. After trying to get some help for what seemed like forever, a sales person finally helped me. I told her what type of pattern I was looking for and asked her if there was anything in the colors I needed?

She immediately ran (literally, I had to chase after her) over to a section and handed me a sample. It was a similar pattern of what I was looking for but it was brown and ivory.

I politely said, "Oh, okay, thank you. Is this color considered Champagne?" Clearly it was NOT Champagne it was brown, I just didn't want to be a total jerk about it.

She then replied, "You can call it whatever color you want to." W-O-W. Seriously? Aren't you a decorator store and shouldn't you know the difference between Champagne and Brown!?

So I called it "No Sale" and got the heck out of there. Surprisingly, the folks at Walmart were much more helpful.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I'm not suprised. Wal-mart is awesome!!